Salaam mommas and friends,
Today I would like to discuss the importance of eating organic foods. As mothers, we need to educate ourselves and family members about taking care of our overall health, especially about what we put into our bodies! As Muslims, we are not only instructed to eat Halal foods but to also eat wholesome and pure foods, free from nasties!
Yes buying organic can be a bit costly but the way I look at it is this, would I rather be paying $1000s for medicines or rather pay a little extra $$ on my weekly grocery shopping? Anyone would choose the later.
With that being said, here are the 7 benefits of Organic foods.
But first, what is organic food? Organic food is food prepared and processed without using any chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or chemical preservatives.
- Enhances immune system
- Tastes far better then non-organic foods
- Ensures a safe and healthy environment for our future generation
- Boosts overall health and protects your heart
- Reduces the presence of pesticides
- Promotes animal welfare
- And most importantly, prevents cancer
Watch this video to learn more.